Business Development Associate
Route2 is looking for an ambitious, organized, motivated, and intelligent individual to join the Business Development function within an exciting, impactful, and growing business. Working directly with the Head of Business Development to contribute to Route2’s sales strategy and growth – you will be helping to manage and deliver sales. This is a sales role, but it also requires interaction and collaboration with other business functions within Route2 and offers significant career progression opportunities.
Who are we:
Route2 is a rapidly growing, leading-edge business that helps its clients quantify the total impact and wider value their activities have on society and the natural environment.
Route2’s current clients include some of the world’s largest organisations and for over 10 years, our award-winning services (Value2Society™) has been successfully deployed with businesses, investors and governments as a consultative product, but in order to scale and enhance our offering we are transitioning to a SaaS platform.
The new platform enables businesses and investors to quantify and evaluate over 600 impacts (from greenhouse gas emissions, to modern slavery, to corruption etc), and automatically generate Value2Society™ reports, that offer analysis, insight, and impact intelligence.
The Route2 team is a tight-knit lively collection of hard-working, motivated and passionate individuals who are all committed to solving client problems and developing solutions that encourage more sustainable business activities. Our team have helped cement our reputation as an innovative and leading provider of sustainability advice; whilst our technical team have developed products for some of the most successful start-ups in London. We are supported by an international advisory panel with access to various sector and cross sector initiatives that aim to further integrate non-financial & financial data, weaving sustainability considerations into the heart of finance and decision making.
A key part of this role will initially involve shadowing and working alongside our Head of Business Development – to understand the nuances of our distinct products and services (Value2SocietyTM). It is essential that you gain an appreciation of their detail and application.
The level of immediate responsibility will depend on the level of existing experience, and training / support will be provided where necessary – however core responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the development and management of an efficient and robust sales process
- Sales process administration through e.g. Pipedrive (CRM)
- Generating sales progress reports
- Business Generation – building and maintaining a strong pipeline of qualified leads
- Identifying new leads and understanding their needs
- Initiating contact with leads and arranging meetings
- Preparing presentations / demos
- Delivering presentations / demos
- Producing proposals
- Negotiating and issuing contracts
- Passionate about delivering meaningful change in the sustainability space
- Ideally experienced in the sustainability / ESG space
- 2+ years experience selling SaaS products or similar sales experience
- A driven, honest, and professional approach to selling products and services
- An appetite for personal development
- Educated to degree (or higher degree) level
- Expert communicator (written and spoken)
- Team player – willing and able to collaborate
- Base salary of £35-55k dependent on experience
- Performance based reward structure
- Equity options
- Flexible working – mix working in our beautiful riverside office and WFH
- A wonderful team that make coming to work a joy
- A purpose and mission that will get you out of bed every morning knowing you’re doing good in the world!
Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion:
At Route2, we strive for a workplace in which everyone feels safe, heard and represented. We therefore encourage applications from everyone, especially individuals who can be underrepresented in business: women, people of colour, LGBTQAI+, individuals, with seen and/or unseen disabilities, of any age or family status.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about working at Route2 but your past experience doesn’t match every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles and we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com